Linking you with the best !

Monday 6 October 2014

Alcohol for Christians !

Of the truth, I am yet to see a place in the bible where drinking of alcohol/strong drinks, was clearly stated as a sin for Christians.

On the other hand, I know that there are some people in the bible that are advised not to take strong drinks, even their mothers while pregnant of them example Sampson, John the Baptist.

Let’s consider some of the benefits of alcohol, strong wine/drink to a Christian 


In Prov 23:19-21
19 My child, listen and be wise. Keep your heart on the right course. 20 Do not carouse with drunkards and gluttons, 21 for they are on their way to poverty. Too much sleep clothes a person with rags. ( NLT )

Prov 23:29-35, asks the following questions?
9 Who has anguish? Who has sorrow? Who is always fighting? Who is always complaining? Who has unnecessary bruises? Who has bloodshot eyes?  And here is the answer in 30 It is the one who spends long hours in the taverns, trying out new drinks. 31 Don't let the sparkle and smooth taste of wine deceive you. 32 For in the end it bites like a poisonous serpent; it stings like a viper. 33 You will see hallucinations, and you will say crazy things. 34 You will stagger like a sailor tossed at sea, clinging to a swaying mast. 35 And you will say, "They hit me, but I didn't feel it. I didn't even know it when they beat me up. When will I wake up so I can have another drink?" NLT


People that drinks or have taken alcohol in the past, can attest to these. I can confirm too, as I was an alcohol partner in the past, lol

Let also see ,Isa 5:22
22 Woe to men mighty at drinking wine, Woe to men valiant for mixing intoxicating drink, NKJV
 Lot slept with his two daughters on different nights, just because they got him drunk !

 Gen 19:32-35
 33 So they made their father drink wine that night. And the firstborn went in and lay with her father, and he did not know when she lay down or when she arose. 34 It happened on the next day that the firstborn said to the younger, "Indeed I lay with my father last night; let us make him drink wine tonight also, and you go in and lie with him, that we may preserve the lineage of our father." 35 Then they made their father drink wine that night also. And the younger arose and lay with him, and he did not know when she lay down or when she arose.(NKJV)

Not meant for kings Prov 31 and we are kings according to 1Peter2:9,well I AM, don’t know about you.Prov 31:4
4 It is not for kings, O Lemuel,It is not for kings to drink wine, Nor for princes intoxicating drink; (NKJV)

But instead drinks according to Prov 31:6-7

Give strong drink to him who is perishing, And wine to those who are bitter of heart. 7 Let him drink and forget his poverty,And remember his misery no more. (NKJV)




My question now for you is ,is intake of hard drugs like cocaine, marijuana sin? Because the bible said anything about it as they do almost the same thing that alcohol does.

For me, am fully convinced that strong drinks are not for me and the choice is yours too to make.

But I pray the Almighty God will cause you to see reasons to quit, showing you what to gain by quitting and grant you the strength and spirit to do so in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ

You may also like to read these topics:

permanent slave wanted
you cant time God !
did you weep,I rejoice with you
violent Jesus
don't blame sinners
God is putting it to an end
this prayer cannot fail
why that prayer is yet to be answered 
build that wall

No comments:

Post a Comment